A comparison essay is an academic paper which deals with several similar or opposing items. There are two types of such essays – those focusing on similarities of particular subjects, and others paying attention to the differences. Depending on these factors the work may be a comparison or contrast essay.
Writing Comparison Essay Steps
Define two or more subjects you are going to discuss. Check whether they have a lot of similar and distinctive features for you to have enough information to speak on.
- Create the outline of your paper pointing out the issues you are going to pay attention to in your comparison essay.
- Choose the most suitable structure for your paper. We can define 2 general approaches to comparison essay main body – the writer can focus on similarities at first and then move to differences (point-by-point arrangement), or pay attention to the qualities of one issue and then analyze another (block structure).
- Create the introduction. Pay careful attention to this. Every
- includes a clear thesis statement providing readers with the aim of your paper.
- Write the paper body according to previously chosen structure – your paper arrangement.
- Write your comparison essay conclusion. This step is really simple – your task is to paraphrase the introduction and answer the question from your thesis statement.
- Put your paper aside for a while and then proofread it attentively.
Comparison Essay Topic Selection
Look through any sample essay on the Internet and see the variety of topics for this type of paper is limitless. You can write on anything people can have some point of view on – sports, hobbies, food, natural phenomena, lifestyle, literature essay, etc. The only thing one should take into consideration is the presence of similar features between compared issues – they should definitely have something in common, otherwise it will not make any sense to write this type of paper. The topics may be the following:
- Watching a film or reading a book.
- Is Christmas or Halloween more fun?
- Acting and lying. Are they really the same?
- Choosing one of two pets.
- What soccer position is more important – defender or forward?
- Classic art vs. modern art.
Comparison Essay Writing Do Not’s
- Do not make attempts to combine 2 arrangement types.
- Do not forget about transition words.
- Do not be subjective.
- Do not ignore standard academic requirements.
Comparison Essay Writing Help
Are you looking for comparison essay help, because your papers seem boring and tough to you? And your writing skills are far from perfect? You are in the right place! With CreatemyPaper.com you have nothing to worry about. Let’s talk about the benefits and you will make a decision yourself:
- We only hire professional writers with proper education and writing skills.
- You can look through any sample essay on our site to check the quality of our papers.
- We guarantee and deliver well-researched and properly organized papers.
- We maintain100% confidentiality and originality.
- We offer a lot of free bonuses.
- Every paper on our service is written from scratch according to your specifications.